The show includes the flurry of usual statistical suspects (below) and runs for nearly an hour, with listeners calling in (mostly to heart Groupon), but it makes good drive-time/commute listening – and demonstrates the appeal of Groupon from a shopper perspective.
- Groupon is the “fasting growing company ever” – growing faster than EBay, Yahoo, Facebook or Google grew – founded November 2008
- Only company to have been valued at more than a billion dollars faster the You Tube
- Groupon has a $1.3bn valuation
- You Tube has yet to turn a profit, but Groupon was in the black in its first 7 months
- On track for $500m revenue this year
- The recent Gap Groupon ($50 value for $25) sold 200,000 group coupons before noon (10/second)
- Groupon is part of revived trend of couponing (50% of Americans use coupons – up from last year)
- Consumers that clip grocery coupons spend more than non-coupon users
- Coupons may be for necessities, Groupons may be used for non-necessities luxuries
- Groupon will be soon be offering more targeted “personalized” offers based on zip codes
And to wrap up, a refresher on Groupon – what it is, how it works.
…And just for completeness, a Fox Business news slot from this week covering Groupon (You Tube link Fox doesn’t do embedding)…